About Me

My photo
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Char-Marie * Twenty-Nine * College Grad * Stay at Home Mommy * Web Designer * My Husband Colby * My Son Emery * Friends * Family * Yoga * Sweet tea * Shoes * Shopping * Music * Independent Films * Sushi * Mimosa * My nieces Maggie and Macee * Missouri

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I wanna know...Have you ever seeen the rain..

Well I successfully completed my first two days at school and let me tell ya, its everything I remember it being... Weather is freezing, Backpack is breaking my back, My shoe rubbed a blister on my heel, and I fell asleep in my reading class! I love it, I love it, I love it!

So I go into my 3rd class of the day--a General Education Program that you are required to take before you graduate. The teacher walks in, in a frumpy black shirt, and black skirt, and black tights, and black shoes....Glasses...The whole nine yards. I'm thinkin great, I've got one of 'Those' teachers. You know the ones where they're frowning the whole time and they're pissed that they had to even come into a classroom because they'd rather be at home with their 15 cats watching reruns of "Dark Shadows"(old vampire series). I'm already dreading the class, and i'm not even sure what this class is about. I take out my Ipod and start flippin through songs, when I hear Credence Clearwater Revival start blaring...I look up and frump had turned on the music. I look around and hear someone saying, "The class cant be too bad if she's starting off with CCR." I agree. The music was used to get us into that 60's feel when the Vietnam war was going on.

Turns out i'm taking combat memoirs I'm freakin stoked. I love to talk about the wars, my father served two tours of Vietnam with the army. He was a drill sergeant and military police. I'm so freakin proud of my dad, and my uncle daddy-(his twin) they both served. For my final project in the class i'm interviewing them so they can go on the record with their experiences. The final draft will be sent to the Library of Congress so that my great great grandchildren can check it out and see how fantastic these men are, and why they should be so proud to be alive and living in the United States of America. So many of these stories go unmentioned and no one really knows what went on the effects of war still linger on my father, and they're feelings and visions that will never leave him.

No comments: