About Me

My photo
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Char-Marie * Twenty-Nine * College Grad * Stay at Home Mommy * Web Designer * My Husband Colby * My Son Emery * Friends * Family * Yoga * Sweet tea * Shoes * Shopping * Music * Independent Films * Sushi * Mimosa * My nieces Maggie and Macee * Missouri

Blog Archive

Sunday, March 16, 2008

A thinner me....

Alright let's see.... I know what you're going to say, "YOU SAID YOU'D BE START WRITING EVERY NIGHT!!!" Well you probably wouldn't be that distraught, but I can pretend.

I've been through A LOT the past few weeks. I just got out of a two week stay in the hospital and it was extremely rough. I got sick on February 10th and two days later I was admitted into the Butler Hospital with a extreme viral infection. I was supposed to be getting better with the fluid they were giving me, but I got a lot worse that night and by the next evening I was taken by ambulance to a Kansas City hospital where I stayed 8 days. Within 20 minutes of being there they told my family that I was dangerously low on potassium. *kidney failure/brain damage low. While I was in the hospital I lost 20 pounds and threw up everyday....I went through rigorous tests and my white count fell to 2000, the normal amount is 5000. When I was released I was taken to my parents house to "recover" *because my husband had to work and couldn't be home with me* While I was home I started throwing up again and was back in the hospital the next day. I spent 7 days in that hospital as well. I continued throwing up all through that hospital stay as well and they ended up having to give me a nasal gastric tube.... Which is a polite way of saying they greased up a tube and shoved it up my nose and down into my stomach. It was the most horrible experience I've ever had and it makes me anxious even thinking about it.

I had my stomach pumped through my nose because all that time of being sick and in bed my stomach stopped working because all that time I wasn't eating. To make a long horrible story short.......I'm so glad to be back on the road to recovery.

No comments: