About Me

My photo
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Char-Marie * Twenty-Nine * College Grad * Stay at Home Mommy * Web Designer * My Husband Colby * My Son Emery * Friends * Family * Yoga * Sweet tea * Shoes * Shopping * Music * Independent Films * Sushi * Mimosa * My nieces Maggie and Macee * Missouri

Blog Archive

Friday, August 01, 2008

Char-Marie-1. Insurance Company- 0.

Since I was hospitalized in February I have been fighting with the insurance company to pay my medical bills to no avail. I had been calling every day and talking with "Jim" the insurance guy and really feeling like I was losing this major battle. Yesterday I awoke just like every morning and went down stairs to start the round of calls I would have to make that day to see if anything was being done. *Keep in mind this is more than 5 months later and the hospitals wanted their money...

I called my mom and discussed my options, my grandma called and I had another 'vent session', I talked to Colby in tears because I felt like I was at the end of my rope. We had just received another 500.00 bill to be paid upon receipt. One of those. I didn't know what we were going to do. Here I am looking for a new job in a new place, away from family and "Jose" from St. Joseph hospital wants his money, BUT "JIM" from insurance is giving him the finger and I'm trying to run intercept.

Well, I had just sat down to start filling out the complaint form against the insurance company, fully intent on running them into the ground... when Jim called,

JIM: "Hiiiii this is Jim (in a nasal-y voice) and I wanted to let you know that I did receive your fax and wanted to let you know that the claims department decided to pay 100%."

Just like that. Very nonchalant, like this life changing event didn't just take place in his little mind.

ME: "WHAT?! SHUT UP! Are you serious JIM!"

JIM: "Yeah. It should be going through sometime next week."

ME: "I LOVE YOU JIM! MY HUSBAND LOVES YOU JIM!"

JIM: "That's quite alright Ma'am"


That insurance company doesn't know how close that really was....Good job Jim, you saved your company.

Yeeessssssssssssssssssssssss!

No comments: