About Me

My photo
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Char-Marie * Twenty-Nine * College Grad * Stay at Home Mommy * Web Designer * My Husband Colby * My Son Emery * Friends * Family * Yoga * Sweet tea * Shoes * Shopping * Music * Independent Films * Sushi * Mimosa * My nieces Maggie and Macee * Missouri

Blog Archive

Monday, October 16, 2006

This is for you Mim.

So tonight I came home to an empty apartment. Colby, Corey, and Jake were surprising Mary Beth for her birthday. On the way home I called my mims, because that's what I do, and she convinced me to go to the grocery store and buy some food before I came home that way I didn't have to get out after dark. My family worries about me, and I've gotta say sometimes I worry about myself.

One night when I was home a large man tried to get into the apartment, I grabbed my trusty hammer and ran upstairs to sit on my bed. Eventually I fell asleep with the hammer in my hand....that's a story for a different time. I digress.

So I went to the grocery store and found all these great things I HAD to have, paid for them and lugged my goods into the dark, empty, lonely, cold....are you getting it....apartment. I cleaned the fridge and *yes mom* took the trash out AFTER dark! I know you're clutching your chest right now...its OK mom... Only two guys hollered at me, breathe easy.

After I made a delightful frozen dinner *healthy choice* I sat down on the couch to watch Monday night t.v which is very weird because I never watch t.v anymore. I sat there and flipped the channels for about 30 seconds before I realized I only have 5 channels- it wasn't just the same show on every channel. I got bored and decided to do some laundry, but soon decided I didn't like that either....Now I'm belting out my favorite tunes in my raspy *sick person* voice.

I'm tired, I'm cold, I'm sick, and I want my mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sissy I'm here.. I want and need you too... darn it...I am glad that you are feeling a bit better. When you get home Thursday I will fix you a good home made meal.. you pick it... Magpie misses you too... We only have a week left.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Mims..
Love you sissy..